Oasis, Laguna de Huacachino Inca


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Huacachina
January 20th 2009
Published: January 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Yep, Ica/Huacachina Peru has an incredible Oasis!!! If you ever go to Ica, you should stay at the Casa de Arena... which boasts an excellent pool with giant sand dunes as a back drop!! Quite incredible. At this point weve met multiple travelers from all around the world. Each have their own interesting story and its always great to get ideas of the places they have been and what they recommend. One favorite so far is John (pronounced Yon), he is a butcher from Holland who had his entire pack stolen. So... we bought him a beer and played some pool!! We also met folks from Chile who are living as Gypsies in tents out in the desert!

Speaking of desert... we went Dune Bugging-Sand Boarding!!! It was splendid... and quite scary!! As you may not be aware there are many Peruvians who drive public buses that do not have a formal license. This may have been well the case with our Dune Buggy Drivers!! They are absolutely nuts! I almost got ran over by one driver whose intent was to scare me while flying at me going over 20mpg then slamming the breaks... which of course was to no effect in the sand. Ha!! The vehicle literally stopped within 5 to 6 feet of me. I believe he scared himself as well. Also, the seat belt harnesses were not promising to be safe... which indeed added another element of excitement! Fortunately, there were roll bars!!

Our last night in Huacachina was an excellent event. We had dinner with 1 British guy, 2 Austrailan girls, 1 New Zealand girl and a guy from the US/Los Angeles who has been living out of a backpack for 4yrs and pays his way around the world by working on racing yachts. Amazing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



20th January 2009

while the rest of us are working....
... you guys are having a blast, and therefore we (at least me) are really, seriously, honestly.... very happy for you ;) Pasadlo muy, muy bien, aprended mucho español, y cuando vengáis a España, no pienso hablaros en inglés ;PPPPPP Have fun! And post more pictures!
21st January 2009

Is this jealousy I feel?
I didn't think I would be jealous so quickly, but man you guys look like you're having a great time! Wyatt and I are on our way.

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb