Machu Picchu


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Machu Picchu
June 30th 2010
Published: July 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday 30.6.2010 day 259
Machu Picchu
We woke up at 4:50 am and had our bfast then walked down to the bus stop. To our surprise there were hundreds of people in the line up for the busses. The first bus left at 5:30 then they filled each bus and it would go. After going up the zigzag path to Machu Picchu we then had to join a long line to get in. We were supposed to meet our guide inside but we saw him outside. So we waved to him and he said he had to meet some ppl outside and he would meet us inside. 2 people in our group had been drinking and were still in bed so we waited a while for them but then started the trip. We started with what the guide called a 5 mim walk up a vertical path it took us about 20 min strait up and we needed a rest when we got there the guide went back to find our missing ppl but they were still not there. The idea of going early is to see the sunset and as less people are there as lots of people get the train that day so do not get there till later. There were still hundreds of people there and as it was cloudy we did not see the sunrise but it was still a fantastic view and it was nice to see the sun heat up the clouds and make them go away. The guide was very good and the last two people met us about ½ though the tour. There were 2 very funny Israeli girls on the tour that were making lots of jokes. After the tour we had lots of time to explore on our own. Then we got the bus back and had a rest before exploring Aguas Calientes. We found a fantastic restaurant that only serves Peru food and gave us a free pisco sour each, we had alpaca. Then we went back to our hostel still no hot water so we had a wash and went to bed.



Additional photos below
Photos: 100, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.378s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 19; qc: 74; dbt: 0.1296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb