Train back to Ollantaytambo and then min bus to Cuzco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Ollantaytambo
July 1st 2010
Published: July 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 1.7.2010 day 260
Train back to Ollantaytambo and then min bus to Cuzco
We had a 9am train and the ticket said that we had to be at the station at 8:20am. So we got up early and had bfast and then walked to the station and waited for the train. First the Inca rail train came and it is the very expensive one. It only had a few ppl on it and it called last call about 16 times there must have been a missing person as it also left 15 mim late after some one walk on late. Our train came was had a few spare seat so we got a window seat together and saw the fantastic views all the way. To our surprise the train went all the way to Ollantaytambo the line was to open today but we did not expect it to. When we got to Ollantaytambo there were lots of people offering taxi and min busses we got on a mini buss for $S10 pp ($4aus) which was a good price for the 1 ½ hour trip. Only problem was that they dropped us off at one of the plazas so we had a long walk back up to our hostel. We checked in and then booked our bus ticket to Puno tomorrow and then had an late lunch /early dinner of soup, main and drink for $S3.50 ($1.40 Aus) pp. We then book our room for the next two nights and court up on all our emails and other jobs before heading to bed.



Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.342s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 69; dbt: 0.1326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb