4th email


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Machu Picchu
November 3rd 2006
Published: November 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Machu Pichu at 6am - 3 11 06Machu Pichu at 6am - 3 11 06Machu Pichu at 6am - 3 11 06

The group make it to Machu Pichu!!
Just a quick one, we are now in a place called Aguas Callientes which means hot water. Their are hot springs here and we have soaked our weary legs and feet while drinking a beer!

Our treck was amazing! and the group of 12 people we were with were really nice, us, 4 Irish, 2 Hungarians, 2 Germans & 2 Americans. We trecked up the Lares Valley where we only saw 3 other Westerners in 4 days. We stayed in villages with local montain people which was an eye opener, families and extended families living in one room with guinea pigs running around being fattened up to be eaten!

Our highest Peak was 4400 metres (approx 14.5 thousand feet) which was a killer, especially at altitude, but a massive sense of achievemant!

Today we have been to Machu Pichu which was out of this world!! We climed the mountain at the back called Waynapichu, but the weather turned and it p´d it down, and we had no view what so ever!! It was one of the toughest walks we have ever done as we were walking up hill solidly for 2hrs! scrambling over mishaped steps and rock.
Machu Pichu- Watch Tower view day 2Machu Pichu- Watch Tower view day 2Machu Pichu- Watch Tower view day 2

Great views from the Watch tower on day 2!

We have blisters and achey legs, but are going to get up at 4.30am again and walk to the sun gate and look at Machu Pichu again in the am.

The view from the sungate was out of this world! We arrived after the Inca Treckers had gone, we were in fog to start with. We had half an hour at the gate on our own with fog coming and going before it went completely giving us amazing views of Machu Pichu and the mountains! Stunning, well worth climing up with those achey legs!!! This place is a must!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Waynapichu- day 1 3 11 06Waynapichu- day 1 3 11 06
Waynapichu- day 1 3 11 06

Hard slog to he top of Waynapichu to find it a spot of rain!! Machu Pichu is below honest...


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb