South America


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
June 22nd 2006
Published: June 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone

It has been a while and i know blogs have gotten slack, it is just cause we are so busy doing stuff!! Anyway my last blog about New Zealand was a bit negative so this one will be all positive. Here are the highlights of our trip so far!

La Paz

Managed to hit this city on the day of a once a year festival. Cue streets packs with marching bands and dancing girls. Loads of drink and food and fun. Also looked around at the squares and visited some local Tiwanaku ruins (ancestors to the Incas).

La Paz to Puno

Our Passports had not been stamped properly and as such we were held back by border control and had to pay fines to be let through, good fun!!

Puno

Travelled out onto Lake TitiCaca and visited the Islands of Taquille and (another one, forgot its name) but both very beautiful and full of locals and delicious food. We had a delicious ranibow trout for lunch and spent the night on the island where we danced with the locals in traditional dress. The next day we visited the floating island tribes and our boat got stuck in some weeds. We all managed to rock the boat whilst the driver punted us to safety.

Cuzco

Arrived in Cuzco unfortunately ill. Lay in bed for the next 2 days recovering and then headed down to Olluyantambo to begin the 4 day Inca trek. We trekked through the mountains and saw some beautiful scenery and ruins and last but not least the city of Macchu Picchu.

We are now back in Cuzco resting up for the 24th of June when Cuzco will be host to the biggest festival of the year, the festival of the sun!!!! Then we are off to Lima. Weather is great and we are in good spirits.

So once in Lima we are planning to visit the Nazca lines and go sand boarding and then it is off to Miami, our last stop before home. Can{t believe it has gone so fast!!

Lots of love
Cathy and Guy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Cathy and Guy in trad dressCathy and Guy in trad dress
Cathy and Guy in trad dress

Cathy and I have decided to give you this quick preview of our wedding outfits before the big day!


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb