Slow tourist bus to Cuzco, so much to see, so little time!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
May 30th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We don´t need to beat around the bush here, or hide behind false pretences.... we´re tourists ! So no reasons to travel cattle class all the time to save the budget.

More good excuses, tourist buses stop for pictures! And this one came with a guide as well, and again, a good one, with plenty of info too. So far, Peru´s been pretty good and very informative to us.

Again, continuing our road to Cuzco and Machu Piccu, the end of the Inca empire, and this again was a trip continuing the chronological order of events. More ruins, some churches, a lovely buffet lunch along the way, and arriving on schedule in Cuzco. All good.

Raqchi was by far the most impressive of all we saw that day. Amazed by the size of the main building/temple. The amount of circular food storage buildings was amazing, and the amount of food they could store here was enormous! Apparently, between Cuzco, the coast and Titicaca this was a very central and convenient location for food storage.

The central street was in true style again in East-West orientation, so during solstices there would not be any shades all day (!?!?) from the buildings.

Very pleased, 20 bucks well spent (Inke Express is the name of the company)! We´ll let the pictures do the rest of the talking!



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb