Peru: Cuzco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
February 25th 2007
Published: March 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Cuzco, Peru February 25 to March 6, 2007

The magical city of Cuzco has seduced me with its colonial architecture and Inca legacy. The blend of these two different cultures creates an unique atmosphere within the city. From the main plaza "Plaza de Armas" to the narrow steep streets, it is always pleasant to walk throughout the symbolic capital.

I have to admit that despite the presence of numerous tourtists, I do not feel overwhelm by the flow of travellers in transition to Machu Picchu. I actually enjoyed the infrastructure built for tourism; it feels great to have access to good restaurants and real bathrooms after one month spent in Bolivia! Besides, from my personal experience, Peruvians seem to be more extraverted than Bolivians.

It will be unfair to omit the exceptional restaurant we have found in Cuzco called "La Granja de Heidi". This restaurant held by a German couple offered fresh and organic dairy products as the owners have a private farm. In addition, the setting is pleasant, service is effective, food is exceptional, and the owner has been spoiling us with free deserts and wines! Besides, discussing with him has proven to be extremely insightful as he has been living and working in Peru for more than 20 years. His stories and experiences have provided us with an interesting and critical perspective on the country, its culture and inhabitants.

I will be enjoying Cuzco for few more days before heading to the hectic capital...

Next destination: Lima


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

CuzcoCuzco
Cuzco

One of the many impressive city walls made by the Incas...
CuzcoCuzco
Cuzco

Women and children dress in traditional clothing and walk through the city to find a tourist who would pay 1 sole for a picture....


4th March 2007

cuzco
I just read your entry It must be a fantastick journey you and Jason is on.Ihave read all your entries and real enjoy them, keep it up please for the rest of your journey. love mormor (birte)
5th March 2007

Hi Jason and Laurence. Jason your mom has been forwarding your blogs . I have enjoyed following along and seeing all the amazing pictures. You two are on a wondrful journey and it is very interesting to follow along with you. Thanks for keeping us all informed. Safe journey to you both. Betty Kunz

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 16; qc: 78; dbt: 0.0637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb