Circular references


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Aguas Calientes
April 7th 2005
Published: April 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Life has been a series of circular references - start at one place, go for some period of time - say 5 or 20 years, and select a place... then return to the place and evaluatewhere you have been and what you have done during the period of time...

A long time ago, in a life far away - i was in machupicchu - the capital city of the Inca empire. back then, the train would leave cusco, and it semed it went for a long time until it reached machupicchu - well, it kind of did go for almost four hours. on arrival to the train depot - everything had changed - as people and places have a tendancy of doing over time. The once rustic train depot has become a city called aguas calientes (for the mineral baths), and where once there were a few ladies selling food and trinckets - a whole city has sprung-up to include hotels, restaurants, stores and a fleet of mercedes buses which take you to the top of the 14 switchback zig-zag.

Once you reach the top, there is a 5 star hotel, and the entrance to the ruins.

The ruins are absolutely spectacular - now the USD$20 entry fee allows you to climb to huanapicchu and also to climb to the original entrance to machupicchu through the puerta del sol - a nice 90 minute uphill climb...

peace & love from machupicchu

juan

Advertisement



7th April 2005

Machu Picchu
I am glad that you have arrived at the above site. Since I was there some 7 times prior to 1975,I almost feel that I am with you at this time.I remember the place at it was then. I cannot imagine the changes mentioned ! Love - Edwardo

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb