PERU


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa
August 5th 2011
Published: August 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So I´ve been in peru for a few days now after a nice stop off in New York as we missed the plane, though we made the most of it and saw all the sights and did a bit of shopping.

The hostels we´re staying in are surprisingly very nice and the food is good, though one day we only ate rice and chips it was hideous.

We´re doing quite a lot of travelling around but the coaches here are amazingly nice with massive armchair seats and tvs and food. Also the aeroplanes here were really good although the second had no vegetarian meals for harriet which was unfortunate.

Since we´ve been here we´ve been to the beach and we´ve been to the balestas islands where they had a lot of peruvian birds and penguins and seals, which was fun. Also last night i had an alpaca steak which was really tasty but i havent seen any alive alpacas. Also i tried some guinea pig which just tasted like chicken to me . I have bought a few people a small nice present, but i am planning to buy more towards the end.

I have been bitten a lot by mosquitoes but i have also tanned a lot.

Been on an acclimatisation trek today and it wasnt too bad i managed to stay at the front the whole time. We are getting another 6 hour coach tomorrow to puno where we will be visiting lake titicaca and on tuesday we begin our project work where we will be staying with peruvian people in their houses which i think will be fun.

I´m going for tea now so will update you all when i can

Kirsty xoxox

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb