Cansados...


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa » Arequipa
June 5th 2006
Published: June 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi again,

We have made it to Arequipa! It was a long overnight bus ride from Pisco, but we have arrived. Our bus left last night at abouy 9:30 and we got into Arequipa at 10:30 or so. We are relived to be off the bus... all the bumping around did not do Mariel´s stomach any good! But everything is going fine in that front. We are thinking some plain old pizza tonight will give our tummies a much needed break.

We took a bus to Pisco the day before, andspent one night there before leaving. Pisco is on the coast and has a large national park, Paracas, nearby. At this park, we rode around in a dune buggy with a guide and driver and saw flamingos, sea lions, lots of bird life, and a whole lot of sand. It was beautfiul!

The bus ride was pretty dark, but in general there is a lot of sand, and the beginnings of mountains. I´m not sure of our elevation right now, but they call this the acclimation point for Cusco y Machu Picchu.

So far we don´t know what we will do in Arequipa, or how long we will stay. Our next stop is somewhere around Lago Titicaca, and then it´s on to Bolivia (probably La Paz). This city seems very nice, though we´ve spent most of our time here napping... It´s about 1 million people and has its own style of arcihtecture and its own beer, both called Arequipeña.

Hope life at home is treating everyone great, like life on the road is treating us! Talk to you again soon.

Love, Mariel and Ben


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

ben and barneyben and barney
ben and barney

In the Plaza de Armas of Pisco one night... she even sold us a little Barney head rattle afterwards.


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb