Nazca, Arequipa and the Colca Canyon


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa » Arequipa
August 11th 2010
Published: August 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We arrived to Nazca quite late and our hotel was literally in the middle of nowhere about ten minutes drive down a very bumpy road. We checked into our rooms and me and Vicky found a nice surprise in the shower! A grasshopper - thankfully not a cockroach! But Bill came to the rescue and got rid of it for us! 😊 Afterwards we had dinner of chicken and chips in the hotel and then I played a few rounds of table tennis with Justin before everyone went to bed. These youngsters have no stamina!

The next morning we didn´t have to leave until 11am but I got up and had breakfast and checked my emails. Then we caught the bus to the Nazca lines. We got to the tiny airport and saw the little planes and I wasn´t feeling too thrilled about the prospect of getting in one! They asked for our height and weight so they could balance the plane!!! We had a little wait then we got taken to our plane. They were tiny! Ours had five people in it, me, Sophie, Vicky, Emily and Taisha. The flight took about 20 minutes and we got to see the Nazca lines which are huge engravings on the ground of different symbols like the monkey, humming bird and spider. They were cool to look at but most of us felt so sick it was not the most enjoyable experience! Still at least we have done it now so I won´t have to do it again!

More to follow...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.036s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb