drinks, school and juanita


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa » Arequipa
June 4th 2008
Published: June 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

word

we had such a great time with dennis our guide and the other guys that we trekked with that me and stef met up with them the night we got back to arequipa for a couple o drinks. Dennis asked us if we wanted to meet some of his friends at his uni so the next day me and uri (israeli guy from the trek) went to the uni and took part in their english class haha it was really good fun if not a little worringing sitting at the front facing a class of students. their english was really good, made my spanglish look even worse! after class we went for really great lunch in a little argentine cafe, very nice. said our goodbyes to dennis et al and headed off to see juanita the ice maiden! a frozen body of a 13 yr old girl sacrificed 500 years ago to the icna gods, very interesting museum and bit more culture to add to the list. me and pete will return to arequipa in july cos we like it so much, hopefully meet up with dennis again and i have been invited to return to the class by the teacher ... haha she must have bad judgement.

off to puno tomoro, i hear it cold ... 😞

slaters x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb