Arequipa, Colca Canyon and Chivay


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa » Arequipa
September 29th 2005
Published: October 6th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Wild animals on way to CanyonWild animals on way to CanyonWild animals on way to Canyon

Can´t remember their name but they are worth $1000 US each and their fur is softer than human hair!?
Lots has happened - We had to avoid the lesbians in Arequipa who were instant on wanting to take us home!!!??, stayed at a Peruvian concentration camp where you are woken at 5.30 in the morning!, we chilled in the thermal springs of Chivay, saw Condors & the worlds deepest canyon and in between we all got very drunk...When I´ve sourced the pics i´ll write a proper update! :-)

Alex is currently walking the Inca trail (with no facilities!, she had to leave her hair straighteners in the hotel!) and I´m on a week long Spanish course. 4 hours a day plus 2 hours homework....its like having a job!!!??? - Not! :-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

LlamaLlama
Llama

Approximate worth 100 Soles
4900 metres above sea level!!4900 metres above sea level!!
4900 metres above sea level!!

This is where the nose bleeds, dizziness and sickness sets in.
The end of the road!The end of the road!
The end of the road!

The highest point of the trip so far 4900 metres above sea level. The altitude was too much for our ipods as four of them stopped working!!!??
Chivay at sunriseChivay at sunrise
Chivay at sunrise

The people of this town are woken at 5.30am by the Peru National anthem!?


3rd December 2005

The name
Very interesting, you look very happy in Arequipa!!.. I just wanted remember about the name of that animal way to Colca Canyon...::::: VIKUÑA!! regards! and thanks for visit PERU!(my country) ANI (Madrid)

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0717s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb