June 27, 2014 - Tour - Dulce del Alicia


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
June 28th 2014
Published: June 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today's tour with the Cuenca Chamber of Commerce was very nice. We especially enjoyed it since John and Nancy Thompson had joined the Chamber and this was their first tour.

We started at the factory of Dulce del Alicia. This is a sweets factory that started a number of years ago by the owner's mother in her home. She would prepare 60 pieces of the quesadillas (not the Mexican quesadillas we are used to in the States - look at the box in the second picture ) each day by hand. Her son helped in the business and eventually took over the production by adding machinery that now produces 1500 pieces a day. The quesadillas are the main item, but they produce a lot of other items - cookies, hot dogs rolls, croissants, etc. The factory has been added on to the house where it all started.

We were given the history of the company in a small room before going into the factory, but we were not able to take pictures inside (sorry). During the tour we were introduced to a woman that he said was very special - she had formed over five million quesadillas since she started working for the company.

The owner was very interested in what we thought of his product because he wants to be able to export them to the States.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb