June 27, 2014 - Tour - Hosteria Canaan


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
June 28th 2014
Published: June 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The second part of our tour today was in the Yungilla Valley. It is about an hour and a half south of Cuenca.

First we went to Santa Isabel, a city build on a very high hill. After the tour bus scraped the rear end twice going down some of the streets we decided that was not a place for us to live - too many hills to walk up and down. We went through the church and walked around the park in the center of town for about 15 - 20 minutes then boarded the bus again.

We then went to the Hosteria Canaan. A hosteria is another word for a hotel or hostelery, usually an inexpensive place to spend the night when traveling in countries other than the US. BUT, this was definitely not inexpensive.

The grounds and the rooms were all excellent. We had a magnificent lunch and then just roamed the grounds for about two hours. We later learned that the lunch was catered, not made on the grounds. The only meals served was breakfast. The cost of the rooms ranged from $150 to $250 a night. Everything was done in an East Indian motif.

After a while of walking around and taking pictures, we realized that the temperature was about 15 degrees warmer and definitely more humid than what we have become accustomed to in Cuenca. So this area is definitely off our list of places to live, and the particular hosteria is off due to the prices. But the views of the valley were beautiful and we enjoyed the tour.


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb