Cuenca...


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
January 10th 2012
Published: January 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we got to Cuenca after an 8 hour bus ride, and got settled into a sweet 100+ year old hotel room with a balcony overlooking this square and the cathedral of the immaculate concepcion....we went inside it just a few minutes ago and it was absolutely gorgeous....huge!! reminds me of st peters basilica in rome...easy to tell that faith is of great importance to people here, and all throughout ecuador for that matter. the architecture here is something else, up and down every street old colonial buildings with these verandas and parks all over. we´ll take lots of pictures. the plan is to head south to vilcabamba tomorrow which is a small town (after our time in baños we both want to be out of the city and in the country). vilcabamba is the city of longevity which boasts the oldest people in the world due to the clean air and stress free lifestyle. there´s a lot of cool stuff there too....not just a bunch of geezers =) haha but still trying to figure out how we´ll get to machu picchu. planning on going there next....we shall see.

Oh yeah...before we left baños we went down to that waterfall ´cascada del diablo´....wow was that powerful. got some sweet pics from that too, will upload soon.

Take it easy.....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb