Time flies when you´re having fun...


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Centre » Baños
January 7th 2012
Published: January 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Wow, where to start...with each day this adventure gets better and better. First of all, it´s Saturday (we actually both thought it was Friday) so we skipped a few days inbetween with the blogs (hard to keep track of realtime). Beginning with Thursday...cuatro y cuatros...in other words we took a double seater 4 wheeler on a cruise to check out the scenic waterfalls along the ruta de cascadas. It was pretty amazing. We must have seen 7 or 8 different waterfalls and took our time cruzing along. Greg did an excellent job driving Big Rojo (yes, nice big red 4 wheeler couldn´t be called anything else...) while I took the back seat and snapped pics all along the way. Words can´t even describe the views or the feeling of the fresh mountain air and the wind in your hair. Thurs night we found a sweet little joint for dinner which took a while for our pitcher of coconut lime mojitos but was well worth the wait. Friday we took it easy and soaked up some rays and planned it out to go white water rafting down the pastasa river which brings us to this morning. Wow. So much fun! We started out at 9am and got transported down the river with our guides Andres and William and our super cool driver Gido. There were 11 of us total...3 kids from Washington and a couple of German dudes and a reporter from Quito that brought his waterproof Cam and filmed the entire trip! Greg and I were in a raft with the Washington kids and our guide William...when asked who wanted to be front row capitans...Greg and I showed no hesitation in raising our hands. I have to admit, being called ¨la capitana¨ may have been my favorite part of the day. Our front row seats allowed us to control the raft and set the pace...the waves were awsome (even when they came overboard and smashed us in the face, maybe the only downfall of being the captains), the river was amazing and our team made it down the river without anyone falling out! The reporter actually fell off the other raft and we had to rescue him! Whoo hoo...such an awsome experience! So much for not drinking the water here. We will be uploading more pics but thats all for now! Viva banos!! xoxo to you all!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



8th January 2012

AMAZING!
I am so jealous! Your pictures are fantastic! Looks like an amazing adventure...can't wait to continue reading more about it :) Love to you both and safe travels!!!
8th January 2012
us with german (pronounced hermañ)...he gave us so many great ideas for fun things to do

enjoying your blogs
i like to read your blogs

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb