ultimate REALTIME.


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Vilcabamba
January 12th 2012
Published: January 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hello our friends and family. We left baños on monday night and spent two nights in a ciudad se llama Cuenca. We found a beautiful hotel that was over 300+ years old (greg was a bit mistaken) en Cuenca there was an iglesia (church) on every corner each one seemed more beautiful than the next in its own way. We went to 3 iglesias in Cuenca which the last one we visited was one of the oldest (if not the oldest in the entire city). Within the church there were 4 different chapels. we took one picture before being told that picture taking was a ¨no no¨ so we will try to post those when we have the chance. I think the computer i am typing on may be as old as the churches...anyway, we left cuenca and are now in a ciudad called Vilcabamba (greg nor i can pronounce the name of the hostel, even with our excellent spanish) however, we are having the most amazing time. we are overlooking the andes once again and think we found our own little paradise en Vilcabamba (and if you are up to date on our blogs should know that Germañ our tour guide from banos suggested we stop here and are so glad we did) the air is fresh, the water is clean and the restaurante (as well as one 1990 computer internet cafe) all overlook an incredible scenic mountain top with a simple city where you can see cattle being herded and humming birds as well as bright orange birds and others we have never seen before. Greg taught me how to play chess this morning...what a great teacher! we´re sipping some wine and wasting time and i´ve never felt better about being lazy. with all the greenery around its hard not to feel alive even when you are just relaxing (which is exactly what we needed after all our activity in baños and the altitude hitting us again) that being said, its taken me about a half hour to type this so all you folks be thankful for your highspeed wi fi. we´ll write again soon but are going to enjoy the beautiful serenity and forget about time in vilcabamba...the ultimate realtime. love to you all!!! besos!

Taylor y Gregorio (yes that is what greg now calls himself)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb