A sloath and some Camen


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
August 26th 2006
Published: August 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

On Saturday we had a pretty full day it was really cool. In the morning at 6am we were up looking at different birds and monkeys. I'm not normally into looking at birds but the ones in the jungle are different they a really cool colours. Then after breakfast we went in the canoes to a lake near by the place we were staying.

The lake is in a reserve that the lodge uses to slowly introduce captured animals back into the wild. At the reserve we released a sloath which one of the guys at the lodge had found in Coca either for sale or as a pet. That was really cool cos you can't normally see sloaths cos they are nocturnal and are quite high in the trees they only come down once a week to go to the toilet!

We then went for a trip around the lake and did some more bird watching from a large tower. It was really beautiful. I was a bit rubbish all weekend though cos I was enjoying it that much I forgot to take many photos!

After dinner I did some parana fishing I didn't catch anything though but nor did anyone else! We then went for a walk in the swamp. The guide showed us different animals and the plants that they use for different medicines.

In the evening we went back to the lake to look for Camens. This was absolutely amazing. We saw the eyes of quite a few and the top of the head of one which was actually really close to use. The best bit about it though was how pretty it was. The fireflys lay lavi in the water and at night they light up so it's like having stars in the sky and stars in the water it was really really beautiful.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb