The jungle


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
August 25th 2006
Published: August 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Thursday night we got the night bus to a little town called Coca which is next to the Rio Napa. The bus wasn't too bad didn't sleep a wink and we arrived 2 hours before scheduled not quite knowing what to do cos there isn't much to do in Coca in the day never mind at 5 in the morning. However it got much better. At 10 we got the boat down the Rio Napa to the Yarina Lodge where we were staying for the weekend.

In the afternoon we visited the house of an indiginous family. It was really interesting to see their houses and the types of utensiles and fruits/veg they grow and eat. We also got a chance to practise with a Blow Gun. A Blow Gun is a long tube that is about 3m long and the indigenous people use it to catch animals they poison a dart and then blow the dart through the gun. We had the target of an apple to get I came close to hitting it but unfortunately not close enough!

In the evening it was raining so we couldn't do a night walk but that wasn't too bad since non of us had had any sleep the night before.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb