Floreana and Puerto Ayora (Day of the Sharks) Day 4


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Galápagos » Floreana Island
June 16th 2010
Published: June 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Second last day not happy! I am loving everything about the galapagos, lovely beaches, hundreds of different species of wildlife and the food is superb!
Again we had breakfast at 7am it was fried eggs (you stating to see a pattern yet) but there was cereal, fresh fruit, ham and bread so I was happy.
We started off the day with a wet landing the place was abit of an anti-climax because it is the ideal location to see Flamingoes when they are in season unfortunately they aren't so we saw one on it's Tod. We did see some sting rays very close to shore although not very clearly because it was quite choppy.
.We started off the day with a wet landing the place was abit of an anti-climax because it is the ideal location to see Flamingoes when they are in season unfortunately they aren't so we saw one on it's Tod. We did see some sting rays very close to shore although not very clearly because it was quite choppy.
After this the small boat took us back, we spent about 30 minutes on the boat, then the small boat took us to a beach where we went to a Post box that was over 200 years old but it didn't work like a normal Post box there was no service. The people posting were the postmen and women, so you put your postcards in a bag and then sieve through the postcards already there and see which ones you can deliver face to face. There were no postcards anywhere near where our travels take us or from the north of England so we didn't take any although Kirsty took 1 for Scotland near where she lives and the Israeli couple took 1 near where they live in Israel.
We then followed the path further up to a lava tunnel where the lava had paved a narrow tunnel to the sea, the water inside this tunnel mirrored the North sea in terms of coldness but I braved it and went ball deep!
After this me and hollie snorkelled from the beach and saw the biggest sea turtle ever it was huge. We could have just sat there all day watching it feed.
Now I am now writing up all the days I have not had time to write up because of the 7am-7pm schedule before I have tea and then drinks on Puerto Ayora.

Muchos Love

Brown


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0619s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb