Cloud Forests and cable car rides


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Centre » Baños
June 13th 2008
Published: June 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Woke up to clouds so we were very happy that we had seen the Volcan Tungurahua yesterday as it wasn't visible today. Visited several waterfalls and used roads which apparently were in the film Proof of Life with Meg Ryan and Russell Crowe. Will need to watch it again when I get back to look out for the scenery. Three of us decided to go on the cable car ride across the valley to San Pedro Falls. It was great fun for $1 and went much faster than I though it would. Everyone else was too scared to go including Dad!

Our longest hike so far was in the Cloud Forest where we visited the Pailon Del Diablo in Rio Verde or Devil's Falls. The spray was very fierce and the falls were amazing especially from the suspension bridge although the dead pig in the water was slightly off putting! The hike back up was extremely hard work but great exercise.

We finally headed to the rain forest using another one of Rodrigo's short cuts. Unfortunately this time it did not work out quite so well as the construction work was going on around us. We had to wait for diggers and rocks to be moved out of the way and it was very precarious. Dad and I were also regretting our decision to sit at the back of the bus after 5 or so hours of bumpy pot holed roads! We were thankful to reach the rain forest hotel at around 8 and enjoyed a 4 course meal and a beer to recover!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb