Relaxing on the Beach


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Taganga
May 6th 2008
Published: May 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Another update...we are in Taganga, which is about 5-10 minutes just outside of Santa Marta, which is on the northern coast. To recap the last week or so, in San Gil, we decided to just go white water rafting, and do the paragliding in Medellin. We did a full day of white water rafting and went through numerous class 5 rapids. Due to the water levels, we were told that the water was as severe as it could be for unproffessional people to travel on it. The whole day was a blast, and it was perfect weather for it the whole time.
After San Gil, we went up north to Santa Marta, which is on waterfront. The city wasn´t too much to offer, but it is the base for the tourgroup which we needed in order to go on The Ciudad Perdida (The Lost City) trek. It was a six day trek (3 days up to the city, 1 day at the city, and 2 back down). It was about 5-8 hours of walking a day, and there was about a dozen or so river crossings that we had to go through. At the city, we were able to wander around and check out the old ruins from the city. It was an amazing trek, and the scenery was unreal throughout. Some people say that they have done the trek with rain pissing down on them every day, but we ended up with only about forty minutes of rain the whole time. We really lucked out on the whole weather thing.
After the trek, we got back to Santa Marta, and decided to pop over to Taganga with about 5 other that were in our tourgroup. Taganga is a small fishing village with about 2,500 people in it. It is mainly a strip on the waterfront and the whole place has a very laidback, relazed mood. Last night we all pitched in and made a bunch of burgers and for tonight, we all bought some fresh fish and are having a huge fish fry together before we all go out seperate ways. Many more pictures will be posted on my photo site, but those will come later on in the week when we get to Cartagena, because the internet should be faster there, and much easier to load all oh them...and there are plenty.
Untill next blog...cheers.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb