its getting hot in here...so take off all your clothes!!


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Cartagena
August 27th 2006
Published: August 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

local women walking on playa blanca (white beach)local women walking on playa blanca (white beach)local women walking on playa blanca (white beach)

this woman kept on hounding me to give me a massage....finally i gave in...for 6 dollars, u dont really need to convince me!
22nd august- 27th August

Arriving in Cartagena from Medellin was like hitting a heat wave!!! it was sudden, sweat drenching humidity! After the coldness of Bolivia and Peru, this was a welcomed and yet unwelcomed change. No sooner would i have a shower,that i would step out and return to immediate sweat, feeling like i need another shower! i found myself sleeping for long periods because of the depressive heat, sleeping below the fan full blast (finally deciding to find an airconditioned room!), and drinking gallons of water that passed out through my sweat rather than through my kidney!

We stayed in Casa Viena, situated in Getsemani, part of the old town that lay within the old city walls. Walking through beautiful Cartagena was like stepping back in time- beautiful colonial buildings, houses, churches. The old wall that protected the city was still standing strong. At one stronghold, lay the impressive Castillo de San felipe, said to be the greatest and strongest foretress built by the Spaniards in South America! The city is definitely the most touristy in Columbia, but its still cool! though not in a climate kind of way!

By far my favourite experience was heading out to Playa Blanca (meaning White Beach).45 minute boat trip later and beautiful skies, we were greeted by turquoise seas and white sand! I did nothing but chill, swim, eat, drink and just relax! massage included! slept outside in a hammock with the soft sound of lulling shores breaking to send me off to sleep! met some awesome people...even some i had seen 4months previously!!! also met a lebanese guy that lives near my house and i know his family!!!

weekends come, and party mode resumes, liver intoxication ensues,and good times guaranteed! Cartagena was no exception as we headed out to random bars, and danced to awesome grooves with new and old friends!



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Castillo de San FelipeCastillo de San Felipe
Castillo de San Felipe

i needed to walk around shirtless beacuse of the heat ok!
supermario...bent on taking obscene photos at all important structuressupermario...bent on taking obscene photos at all important structures
supermario...bent on taking obscene photos at all important structures

sitting on a canyon used in previous years to defend the city!
Playa Blanca-my sleeping quarters....a hammockPlaya Blanca-my sleeping quarters....a hammock
Playa Blanca-my sleeping quarters....a hammock

with the sound sof the lulling shores breaking to send me off to sleep!
beach friendsbeach friends
beach friends

L-R: Adam, Ailke, Phil,Joe,Mario, ?
i love being massaged!!!i love being massaged!!!
i love being massaged!!!

sorry to tease some of you back home working!
castillo de San felipecastillo de San felipe
castillo de San felipe

built 1639-1657, this was the greatest and strongest fortess ecer built by the spaniards!
Castillo de San FelipeCastillo de San Felipe
Castillo de San Felipe

inside the fortress was a maze of corridors where the soldiers would sleep!
partyin in Cartagenapartyin in Cartagena
partyin in Cartagena

L-R: Imri(israel),rhea (aus), mario(aus), claudio(UK), Chris(UK)


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 18; dbt: 0.0186s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb