An excuersion with the History students at Cartagena Public University


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Barranquilla
October 10th 2009
Published: October 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On Friday I went straight from the beach to a field trip in Barranquilla, a city about 45 min from here with car, and two hours from here with bus...
And it does not depend on the roads all of the time, they are fine, but it depends on either the limitation (at 60, I can't figure out why!!!) or that the engines in the buses are just so weak that we can't advance any faster!!! Hahaha.
And I don't understand what is up with Colombian people and buses, but they always open the windows and since there seems to be no isolation on the engine it is really loud - therefore they have to pump up the volume of the music... and on top of that, they have to yell to eachother all the time... Tiring, but an adventure. ;o)
We were tons of people in the bus, so many that everyone could not sit down (times like this I am so glad to be a girl and that Colombian guys are differently brought up than Swedish guys ;o)
The bus transformed into a party bus on the way back with people dancing in the middle alley, on the seats, on the sep next to the driver, leaning out of the window and dancing etc. There is nothing to say than that the Colombian people are really expressive... And they are just so happy! (well, let's see when I know more places, according to the Costenos, only people at the coast are so happy...)
We had a very nice day in Barranquilla - I did actually not understand that much, but it was very nice to meet students from the university in Cartagena and see how they study and how they think and live.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1006s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb