Santiago.. U2


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
February 26th 2006
Published: March 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

What an amazing, amazing concert!!

Not only did we manage to get tickets to see U2, we got to go to the official fan club pre and after party! Not only that, but during the pre party we won access to the inner circle!! We are so lucky! I have never won anything in a raffle before... so couldnt believe it when he read out my numbers!!

We were in the inner circle with people that had queued for 24 hours, and they were pissed off with us for having wristbands and being foreign and at one point were telling us to go home!! (welcome to Chile!) Lucky we were with some locals and everything was ok.. but I suppose its understandable if you have been there all night with no sleep!


Franz was support - they were brill and muy muy lindo (very beautiful).

Bono and the gang were on top form. We were so close to them, I could not believe it.

The concert was at the national stadium, a place where thousands of people were killed during the military government, so was very special for Chileans that U2 played there and dedicated One to them.. when we looked around, everyone was crying, very moving. There was loads of atmosphere in the stadium, they did 2 encores after the crowd went crazy ... It was amazing, one of the best concerts I have ever been to.

The after party went on into the wee hours and we got a U2 tribute band, who were brill. But the rumours about Bono turning up were just rumours, one day I will meet my hero!!

We are heading north to San Pedro (last night I dreamt of.....) via the seaside city of La Serena. Soon we will be in Bolivia!!
Adios





Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



6th March 2006

wow, that looks amazing. miss youxx
10th March 2006

Glad your enjoying yourself
Hello Hayley,suppose you know who i am (friend of your moms).I would have loved to do all that you are doing ,when i was younger,make the most of it,and enjoy.xx
27th September 2006

verttigo tour
Guaaa!!! excelente concierto, lo vis desde el golden circle... soy una ultra fanática del grupo.

Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 22; qc: 122; dbt: 0.201s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb