Day 8- Last day of the chicken alarm clock!


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Easter Island » Hanga Roa
November 15th 2011
Published: November 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 8 - Morning came to another fine chorus of chickens a doole-dooing. Disappointingly our cunning plan to eat as much chicken for breakfast, dinner and tea had not turned out to be as cunning a plan as one of Baldrick's. This was our last morning and Russ had remembered reading something about getting your passport stamped at the post office. So in a quick bid to do a last minute shop and to see if there was any substance behind Russ's claim we packed up our bags before heading off into town. We located the post office and proffered our passports at the girl behind the counter. She showed us a picture of four different stamps, explaining that the plainest of the four was free, and that if we wanted any of the others, it was a donation. Naturally, we wanted all four, so put a donation in the box and she stamped them. We left just as another group of tourists arrived for the same purpose, waving our passports to dry the ink. On the way back to the hotel, we were spotted by the hotel owner, who gave us a lift. We collected our luggage and took the 10minute drive to the airport. The check in was basic, with one xray machine. To be fair, they were confiscating fruit that people were trying to take onto the plane. There was no waiting area, it was just the building we were sat , and in fact one of the little airport shops only opened after we had checked in.

Once we went through passport control, and into the waiting area, there were a couple of other shops selling last minute souveniers - so Russ invested in yet another t-shirt for the collection!

We boarded the plane, and part way through the flight we were fed a very nice meal where the choice was gnocchi or oriental chicken. We then gained two more hours which made us 3 hours behind the UK again. We were collected from the airport and transported back to the Radisson. We were also told what time we were being collected for our excursion. Technically, we weren't booked on a trip, but we didn't like to say, so went along with what the guide said until we could get to the hotel and check the itinery.

At the hotel, we went up to the room and the left luggage and our bags were sent upto the room. By this time, it really was quite late, and really too late to consider going out for something to eat. We went into the hotel Traders Bar, and ordered. We were the only people in there, but the food was okay. We went upto bed and checked the paperwork. Officially, we had a free day, but the paperwork given to us at the start of the holiday by the local company providing the service said we were booked on the tour - Winery and Valpariso. A free trip - who could turn it down! Especially as it was supposed to be £120 each!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb