BBQ and Sandboarding


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Arica & Parinacota » Arica
November 25th 2007
Published: December 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We had really nice last couple of days here in Arica, sun has been shining, schedules been fully booked. Yesterday Michal went to town to organise bus tickets, some padlocks to secure our stuff and shopping, while I finally finished my thesis. In the evening we went to have a BBQ on beach with some friends. The food was delicious, lot of meat mixed together with peppers and onions and fried on some pan that was taken from tractor 😊 Franz and Maggie were showing us some traditional Chilean dance, I think its called Quenca. We drank some beer and Chilean vodka and lauged and talked until 4am. Then we had couple of hours of sleep and got up to organise more stuff. Gladly we got an email from Yoyo that he found someone who wants to buy our board. I had to sell it really cheap, but this 13 year old boy has been working in a supermarket packing bags for months to get money for board, so I didn't feel too bad about it, just wish he will have great times with it, maybe one day he will be Chilean champion 😊. at 11am Jaime, our sandboard instructor already came to pick us up and we headed to the hills. He has made the boards himself from plywood, checking the instructions from internet. They were pretty good, although the first two that he made were cracking up a bit. Nevertheless, it was really great fun, except for walking up the hill all the time for the short ride. First time we were really scared because Jaime went down so quickly, but after few times we were pretty hot stuff, and I even beat Jamie on race 😊 (and I beat Michal too) But Michal was much better, he could stand up well, but his board was slow. I will get the drawings for the board from Jamie, and maybe make myself one if i find a sandhill in Europe.
Now we are just trying to pack and clean, actually Michal just went to play beach volley for the last time. At 10pm is the bus to San Pedro de Atacama.


Additional photos below
Photos: 55, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb