Las Machas


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Arica & Parinacota » Arica
November 23rd 2007
Published: November 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today was a nice day in the sun and cooking for hours. Michal was hunting for mussels (machas) from the sea. They are buried under sand in the sea, and to find them, have to dig into the sand with a heal of a foot and when you feel then, pick them up. I was lieing in the sun and checking out huge medusas that were washed on the shore. After few hours michal came home with a huge bag of mussels, it took us probably couple of hours to open and clean them all. Then just some garlic, oregano and cheese on top, and on grill with some nice garlic herb bread y listo! In the end Michal didn't do any work, and I only wrote one page, which means tomorrow I will have to write 10 pages. We got buses checked up, will leave Sunday evening 10pm from here to San Pedro de Atacama, Tur Bus goes there, and costs $10,000. Just have to hope that the roads are still not screwed up after the earthquakes.
We will be in San Pedro at 9.30 Monday morning, and hopefully go straight away on 3 day tour that will take us through the amazing salt lake of Uyuni, some geysers, colourful lakes etc. Have to hope that weather is sunny so that we can get good photos.
Still we have couple of days left, tomorrow I will hopefully almost finish my thesis, then we have BBQ in the evening, and Sunday morning we are going sandboarding!



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

spicesspices
spices

garlic, oregano and cheese
Last Last
Last

HAlloreen kugel!


Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb