Day 52: Sao Paulo


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo
June 19th 2011
Published: June 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

DSCF1346DSCF1346DSCF1346

the bus crash we witnessed and blocked our way!
We left our hostel in Rio at midday and headed to the main bus terminal down town. We bought a ticket for the 1.30pm bus to Sao Paulo, which took 6 hours. Part way along through the trip we came across a bus which had turned over right across the road, so we couldn’t get past until they had moved it. The bus was quite nice, and we were given snacks, but Rach had to sit next to a reeeally smelly guy! When we arrived at the Sao Paulo bus terminal we realised we didn’t know what the name of our hostel was so had to pay to use the wi-fi to get it!

We had subway for dinner, and then caught a taxi to our hostel. It was the most confusing taxi ride we had had the whole trip, and in the process of us paying Elle managed to lose 50 reais, which we are pretty sure the taxi driver slipped up his sleeve. There was money being passed back and forward everywhere because we didn’t know how much we owed, as the total was being split between two taxis. Not cool! The hostel we stayed at was nice, and we had an early night ready for our big day of flying the next day.

Advertisement



22nd June 2011

Take care of your things guys.
OK Elle and Rachel. I want to remind you guys, you are not in New Zealand. So, take care of your staffs. I really want you guys to have a very good time there but, pay attention when you are taking the money from your bags to pay something. Remember, this guys are unprofessionals in doing this kind of things. So, be very careful, OK? Enjoy your trip.

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1mb