Day 51: Copacobana Beach & Botofogo


Advertisement
Published: June 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

P1020393P1020393P1020393

typical guys togs on the beach! these guys stood infront of us posing for over an hour!
Today we had our first day free all on our own and it was a gorgeou day so we decided just to chill out at the beach. Dan was sick in bed all day which really suck. Allie and I headed straight to the beach and Trav and El went via the shopping mall first. They said the mall was pretty cool and El bought a few lil things like a singlet and a t0-shirt to replace the few she has lost on the trip! ( I'd like to point out that I hve officilly lost nothing!!!!! - shock horror I know!)

We were planning on meeting up at the beach but never saw them the whole day. So the 4 of us hung out seperately at the beach all day. The sun over here is amazing! Its likereally glarey nd you can wear like no sunscreen all day and still not get burt. I got burnt slight on my stomach but not bad, El didn't at all but she was sensible and wore sunscreen, but Allie got really burnt! Shown in pic below with her lovely bow!! They had Sat markets going by the beach which were pretty cool.El bought a new bikini top, I got a new bracelet and Allie bought this wicked painting on canvas so she can roll up to take home.

We headed back about 4pm and met up again at the hostel and hung out here for a bit and ued skype and caught up with everyone back home cos the wifi here is amazing and uploads things really quickly. Even viber calling works here for the first time in the whole of south america!

El and Trav headed out for a romantic dinner ater and lived it up a lil! The rest of us just went out for pizza and went to this amazing place for dessert which we had already had for arvo tea! Amazing! Called Yogoberry and was fat free rfrozen yogurt with whatever tyoppings you wanted! I had natural yogurt, mini m&ms, chopped up kiwifruit and strawberries! Sooooooo good!!!

Last night in Rio tonight as we are leaving for Sao Paulo tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

P1020396P1020396
P1020396

our amazing yogoberry
P1020397P1020397
P1020397

Allies sunburn!


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb