The Wonders of Rio


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro
March 3rd 2006
Published: March 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We´ve Arrived!!We´ve Arrived!!We´ve Arrived!!

Anna introduces Rio from the roof of our hotel
Hi everyone,

Well, we´ve arrived safe and sound in Rio and already we´ve much to tell......

On Day 1 we hit Copacabana beach and did a bit of altitude and heat training (a mere 32 degrees). In the 3 hours we lay on the beach front we were greeted by the many ´entreprenuers´that walk the sands. Towels, drinks, bikinis, hats, coconuts, prawns, sunglasses, basically we could have done our weekly shop right there and then.....

Much to Anna´s disappointment she was not surrounded by pec-perfect Adonis´s that she was hoping for. But on a positive note, the women displayed more cellulite and over-hangs than Chicago´s on a Friday night.....we´re hoping for better down at Ipanema.

Day 2/3 was our first spot of sight-seeing. First, we took a cable car to the top of Sugar Loaf mountain and were amazed by the sight of Rio from above. This, however, was topped by the tram ride up to Christ the Redeemer where a 360 panaramic view of Rio left us speechless.

Other things of note have been the large number of VW camper vans, dogs, hairy backs, pigeons and cheese based dishes.

Before we head down to
Samba BeatsSamba BeatsSamba Beats

Spot the Englishman?
Iguassu Falls we are planning to stay a couple of days near Flamengo, catch the Carnaval after-show and, of course, a game at the Maracana!!!

We hope you are all well. Bon dia!!!!






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



6th March 2006

Bellissimo!
Mi racommando Anna - divertitevi alla grande!! Hugs and kisses. Miss you. Hope to meet Nate one day soon. Love always, Angela
9th March 2006

wowee
Glad to see the holiday hair is coming along! xxxx

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb