the age of aquarius. or was that scorpio?


Advertisement
Published: April 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Mysterious TeresaThe Mysterious TeresaThe Mysterious Teresa

So mysterious was Teresa - with her astrological dealings and presumed association with witchcraft and black magic - that when we took a picture of her front, only her BACK appeared! Whoa! Okay, sorry folks, I'm really tired.
i think it's about time to talk about teresa. see...kyle and i signed up at this website called global freeloaders. basically, this webiste has a database of people willing to offer a couch or a bed for travelers, and in exchange, you sign up to do the same. it's a pretty awesome way to meet people of that country. this is how we found teresa. in our first email exchange, teresa informed me that she was hesitant to host us because she had hosted some smelly rude americans in the past. i assured her we smelled good. then she said (upon asking for our birthdates) that kyle and i are nearing the end of our first saturn cycles and that perhaps we could have a nice chat about this?

uh-oh. 😉

well, i'll be honest, at first i was intimidated by teresa. she seemed very exacting, very particular about her house and very strict about what constituted good manners. but over the course of the two nights we stayed with her, she relaxed a little. she took us to her friend's restaurant in downtown rio, gave us advice on places to see, and read our birth charts for us!

yes! on the first night with teresa, she informed me that she was a psychologist/astrologist and she read kyle and my birthcharts, which much to my chagrin were very accurate. (it did not paint an entirely positive picture of me. ah well 😉. one of the things it said was that i take things too personally, ya think?)

in any case, it was a great experience staying with her. we talked politics and astrology and movies, and really we didn't feel that our freedom of mobility was too limited...except for the fact that we had to wait for her to let us out of her house. she wouldn't let us use her keys. and sometimes we had to wait up to a half hour for her to get off the phone to do this. in any case, muito obrigada a teresa. i'd recommend her house to anyone. 😊

Advertisement



23rd April 2006

good brazillian hosts for non-portuguese speaking americans..
well, at least she speaks english... that's good.

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb