·The Carnaval


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro
February 25th 2006
Published: February 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Carnaval. The reason for us being here in Brazil.

What impress me most is not the parade itself, but the passion and spontaneity of the people. The audience just danced and sashay to the music, fully immersing into the atmosphere. And the best part is the performers simply go home by subway with their costumes on. Can you imagine performers in Chingay going home on MRT with their make-up and costume on? Was really an interesting sight.

And the parade itself? We were excited when the first group came. After that, we waited for 20 mins for the second group to appear. We were really sleepy during the long wait (we are accustommed to the 11hr time diff yet). When the third group finally arrived, we decided that we´ll go back hotel to sleep after they finished. The parade was supposed to go on for the entire nite, but we really couldn´t tahan oredi. Luckily we only paid R$30 (US$15) for this show. If we went for the Sun/ Mon show that cost R$300 - 900, we sure dunno wat to do, go back early very lugi, if dun go back, cannot tahan. So pig hor hee...



Advertisement



Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 18; qc: 82; dbt: 0.1414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb