Step Up Travel Empowers Locals


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro
February 16th 2006
Published: February 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Let's Support Local ArtistsLet's Support Local ArtistsLet's Support Local Artists

www.stepuptravel.org is the #1 travel website for socially-minded travelers who want to connect with local people, empower local services, and contribute to the local community to help eradicate poverty in developing countries.

LET'S CREATE A WORLD WHERE TRAVEL EMPOWERS LOCAL PEOPLE- S.T.E.P. UP!
Sustainable Travel that Empowers People
www.stepuptravel.org



Step Up Travel is the only travel classified site created to empower local people by making it easy and free to create traveler oriented microenterprises that we travelers can use to connect with local people, culture, and authentic activities.

This idea began when Scott and I, both medical students, met working in a public emergency hospital in downtown Rio de Janeiro. It was there, in the midst of intense health care chaos, that we saw one another's true colors and beliefs which built a friendship leading to several years of brainstorming and work to create Step Up Travel.

We deeply love traveling and interacting with local people. In fact, I have learned many of life's truths and seen so much of its beauty through the people I have met traveling in developing countries. We hope this project will bring people together to share lives and resources.

You will see on the website that most ads are for Brasil, which is our first and current focus. Brasil is our pilot country and model from which Step Up Travel will expand. The site in Portuguese is A Rede, www.arede.org, and in Spanish is La Red Social, www.laredsocial.org.

We invite you to visit the site, www.stepuptravel.org, rent apartments and connect with locals in Brasil, create a traveler profile to connect with other travelers, and spread the word! Also, you will find incredibly valuable resources about sustainable travel and more in the Library on the site, http://www.stepuptravel.com/library.php

Let's all get behind this; it has got to be a movement!
Best wishes,
Trip



COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb