[www.stepuptravel.org] - connecting directly with locals for more authentic experiences


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro
February 1st 2006
Published: February 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

step up travel launch


www.stepuptravel.orgwww.stepuptravel.orgwww.stepuptravel.org

#1 travel website for socially-minded travelers who want to connect with local people, empower local services, and contribute to the local community to help eradicate poverty in developing countries.
/

Step Up Travel is a Global Network for Travelers, established to address the needs of a world that suffers from broadening financial inequality. It also offers a more rigorous virtual global forum through which people can come together to address the needs of small communities across the world.

Step Up Travel was created to be the meeting ground where travelers connect with local people who want to offer their own services and goods. The traveler is more authentically immersed in the destination country, its culture, and its people, while the local people advertising their services can gain from self-employment. So much commercial tourism stands in the way of interesting cultural exchange between traveling parties and local people. It stands not only as a cultural barrier, controlled by large global companies, but also an economic barrier to the people of destination countries who make their culture what it is. So Step Up provides a way for travelers to connect directly with local to help empower local populations who stand at the margins of a tourism industry dominated by big business--and the result is a more authentic and adventurous way to experience another country and its people.

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb