First night in Rio


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro
February 4th 2007
Published: February 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The common room of Hostel RioThe common room of Hostel RioThe common room of Hostel Rio

that's Ed in the corner!
So... I finally set off on my infamous trip to South America... (after a sleepless night packing my stuff)... I was ready on time if not 5mins early for the taxi that drove us to Heathrow airport.

We were seriously disappointed by Iberia's London - Madrid flight. NOOOO FOOD! And the sandwiches cost more than a meal on the Austrian Alps! Well, I guess we should be greatfull we made our connection to the flight to Rio, despite the delay of our flight from London.

**** RIO de JANEIRO****

So, we made it to Rio de Janeiro! The taxi driver was waiting for us, as agreed with the youth hostel. We shared the taxi with a couple of Spanish guys who play in a Samba group in Spain. They came to Rio to learn more about Samba and buy some instruments. To get to the hostel we had to walk up some pretty steep steps... but we made it! Whist settling in our 8-bed mixed dorm at Rio Hostel, Chris, a serious hot English guy came in the room and we chatted about environmental issues and trips to the jungle. Afterwards Vic and I went to socialise in the common room. There was a tiny swimming pool, which we gave a miss. We chatted with some American guys (Chris, Ryan and Ed). Chris and Ryan were nice. But Ed is the kind of guy, who made the other guys look good and kind. Ed said that apparently "there is no point sharing a flat with girls unless you are screwing them!".... ah...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 85; dbt: 0.086s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb