Salvador - day 1 - exploring the city


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Bahia » Salvador
February 5th 2007
Published: February 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

In the morning (5 Feb), we got up at 6:30am, as we were to catch a flight for Salvador at 9:30am. I looked around..and concluded that Vic and I were the ones making the dorm a mixed one - if you get what I mean! 😊 a few hot sexy bodies... anyway...

We flew with TAM Air to Salvador (some kind of meal and drinks - had some sweet youghurty drink, which reminds me very much of Bulgarian airian with sugar). The taxi driver was waiting for us and took us to our hostel Nega Meluca. The hostel management were very kind - showed us around the hostel, gave us tips of what to do on our first day and so we were off to explore Salvador.

It was an interesting experience... We are finally beginnig to feel a bit better and more comfortable... but not all that much after all the horror stories of people being robbed keep on pouring all the time...

For lunch, we had to treat ourselves, after all we've been sick of airplane food! Oh, and was it good?! Yammy! We had filet mignon with onions on a hotplate with some portugese potatos and salad. The beef was AWESOME!!! Vic swore to never eat beef in the UK! We finished our lunch with a carpirinha. Vic's first one!

Having finally had some decent food, we were ready to explore the city. We strolled around the streets. We saw one of the schools practicing for the Carnival on the streets of Salvador. I bought a couple of tops... One red (yes, one more!) and a light blue one. Very cute tops! ;-) I decided that for dinner I was going to have just fruit. I didn't mention, but it's pretty warm over here... Trying to find a shop that sells food, proved a challenge! Plenty of shops selling art works, clothes, many photocopying and photos places, but no food??! In fact, I saw two shops selling fridges and ovens, but no grocery shops nor food markets! Ended up getting some fruit from a man selling fruit on the street. The grapes...were not exactly the best I've had...

Anyway, enough for now... cherio!

p.s. Vic's been writing some of my great comments in her travel notebook. I've been on top form these couple of days! ;-)





Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Further down the streetFurther down the street
Further down the street

Our first steps out in to the bewilderness of Brazil...
A view of the ocean...A view of the ocean...
A view of the ocean...

and a passtime of the locals... just hanging out - doing fuckall...
Buildings...or whatever's left of them anywayBuildings...or whatever's left of them anyway
Buildings...or whatever's left of them anyway

isn't this amazing..and there are so many of them!
Mira and the Black Woman in WhiteMira and the Black Woman in White
Mira and the Black Woman in White

in front of an Afro museum. There are quite a few women dressed with this kind of dress standing infront of shops for advertising, I guess


Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 80; dbt: 0.0957s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb