nothing like it


Advertisement
Published: February 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Parades and music and dancing and costumes and Lots of Alcohol everywhere at anytime in every neighborhood in the streets x 6 days, and its still going. This is my best description and it doesnt come close to the craziness of it all. It has been alot of fun experiencing the party that is carnival, today on our way back to our hostel, Rachel and I got stuck behind a parade of people playing music and dancing and singing in the streets, so, we just followed and danced along with them until we got to our hostel, it was fun. And then there is the Sambadrome. A HUGE stadium where the best samba schools in Rio parade through the night, from 9pm to 6am x 2nights. The costumes and themes are bizzare- one group of people where dressed up as Hydrogen and Oxygen Atoms (they were our favorite)- hilarious. The floats are unbelieveable, they are huge and ornate and crazy. It is just massive, the Sambas schools have about 3-4,000 people each in the parade, and there are about 16 different schools, so it takes an hour for 1 school to perform. Rachel and I were trying to figure out how this came to be, why people are so crazy about this parade and the costumes and the dancing, and we still dont get it. Definitly a once in a lifetime experience. Was very cool to see, but definitly ready to go, to much crazy all the time. Ready for a break. Hope you are well friends. Happy Ash Wednesday and Lent. lOve you.

Advertisement



7th February 2008

that's sweet
This all sounds so cool. Is it similar to the mardi gras that went along on Teusday? Keep up the dancing feet. God Bless mi hermanas. love you r bro Reuben

Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb