..and so the honeymoon begins


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Ipanema
September 5th 2006
Published: September 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Rio at our luxiourious hotel the Ipanema Plaza overlooking the beach to our left and the statue of Christ to the right - which even to this distance looks magnifico!

The weather wasnt that great when we got there but in true British style we headed to the beach in our swim suits, whilst the locals in their thick jumpers handed us towels and offered as grilled cheese.

The sand is the best we have ever seen - so fluffy! but obviously we didnt stay there for long. That night we headed for a Brazilian buffet. Maz peaked early and faded away as many do! It was very nice. Basically we learnt early that the buffet consists of providing the diners with a picture of a cow disected into 9 pieces and then we get to try each peice!

We did a tour for a day to the sugar loaf mountain and the Christ the redeemer.

We went to the shopping mall the next day. Not the greatest and prices arent that cheap! so we indulged in more food.


The best of Rio is in Lapa on a Friday night and is a definate must. The receptionist told us this is where city of god was filmed so we were a bit cautious when the cab guy dropped us off in the middle of nowhere - but when we found the main street - Av Mem de Sa, it was so amazing. We even saw capariera dancers, musicians everywhere, vendors sellling alchol outside clubs - all in all what you imagine brazil to be.

We are getting an 18hr bus to Porto Seguro.... update you soon. Wish the one with motion sickness luck!

Advertisement



26th September 2006

scenery
dear penny and mario. i miss you loadz. please please could you also attach some photos on your way around the world. ta x

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb