Arrived in South America...


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Ipanema
August 10th 2006
Published: August 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We have just spent an excellent 5 days in the Big Apple. Saw all the main touristy sights and walked around loads. Had a great evening in Hell´s Kitchen area on last night. One of the fellow travellers in the hostel was horrified to learn that we were going to NO museums and NO shows/performances. She hadn´t even considered doing any sightseeing, but was off to the Museum of Art for a SECOND time that day !!!! How cultured.

Well, we´re finally here in South America. Arrived in Brazil this morning. It was an 8-hour flight from JFK and I was sat next to the most mentally deranged person for the whole journey! Seriously, as I strolled through the cabin looking for my seat, I could see this woman who stood out as ´very odd´and sure enough - my seat was the one next to hers - in the middle too! Nightmare. She showed me her scars and stab-wounds from being attacked, started nudging me for conversations when I was (pretending to be) asleep and generally raved on about all the white trailor-trash people sat all around her???????

We´re gonna stop here for a few days hopefully and then move on. We´ll write again soon. Jon is having fun at seeing the horror on my face when we turn up to cramped, hot hostels. I am certainly learning to ´rough it´.

Advertisement



11th August 2006

this blog is a great idea!!
You'll be able to write a book when you're back!! Happy Travelling Rachel xxx
11th August 2006

Pots and kettles
Hi Lucy. Re your comment "It was an 8-hour flight from JFK and I was sat next to the most mentally deranged person for the whole journey!" I've just been reading her blog and she's written exactly the same thing!! But seriously though, it's good to hear that you made it. We'll be tracking your progress with glee as you descend into slum like squalor. ;-)
13th August 2006

Great time
Hi Guys, sounds like you had a fab time in NY. Glad you did a lot of walking around, that's what it's all about, you can save the museums for a rainy day!! Enjoy Rio, from one great city to the next. Jealous!! Remember to treat yourselves to a nice place to stay every now and again, it makes all the difference to have a bit of luxury in between all the cheap places. Take care
13th August 2006

Flying down to Rio
Pleased you guys got going to USA when you did - chaos in UK at present. Take care in the hot hostels Jim A
16th August 2006

Hi
hope u 2 are having good time,been falowing your jurney and looke at ur travel bloga too,becarefull when u meating new pepole and going to placess.here evreything is ok.hope jon been able to see our game with chelsea we over play them and their maneger addmited.am keep going to work to be able to go and see peresa at christmas,we may get married too so save some of ur money if u want to my widding on kristmas!take care of yourself and have lots of fun. love sam.

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb