It´s Paraty time!!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Paraty
November 19th 2005
Published: November 19th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Day 3



We got picked up in the morning and travelled about 5 hours by bus south down the coastline to a quaint little village called Paraty. We wandered around town and then headed to the beach for a dip in the nice warm sea. We went out for dinner with the group in the evening. Quite an uneventful one really!

Day 4



Today we were adventurers of the sea, taking a boat trip around the many islands of Paraty. We stopped off at a couple of spots for a spot of swimming and snorkelling. We saw some bright little fishes and some star fish which was cool. Had lunch on board and then sunbathed on the deck, chilling out drinking beer. In the evening we headed into town for some drinks. We even partook in some dancing Latin American styleee! I´m sure we blended in just fine!!

Day 5



Once again we took our new roles as traveller extrodinaires to new limits - venturing into the Atlantic rainforest!! We were taken to a couple of really cool waterfalls, where Stuart braved the freezing water and splashed around in the water. We were then taken to a really cool one which was basically a massive rock with water flowing over the top of it. We took it in turns to slide down and Carly nearly killed herself landing in the rocky bit!! We then visited a Cachaca brewery (their local rum which is made from sugar cane). It was waterpowered and really old fashioned. We had a taster of a few and of raw sugar cane - which was sugary!! In the evening we went into town and mingled with the locals and people-watched in the main square - eating pizzas on sticks and drinking fresh fruit cocktails!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb