Stop No. 2


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Ilha Grande
January 30th 2008
Published: March 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Boat AcrossBoat AcrossBoat Across

Boat Across
We asked the girl at the hostel in Copacabana where would we go for diving and snorkelling, she advised us on a remote island called Ilha Grande. So off we went-

As you can see we had a great time here, stayed in a hostel called Hostel Aquarius and it was right along the beach. The island probably took about 7hrs total by bus and by boat. It was amazing. No atms on the island but we were fortunate enough to exchange dollars for Brazilian reais but at a price. The lady basically raped us with the exchange rate. We ended up chatting with some people on the boat over and turns out we were all stayin in same hostel. U will see all in the photos and names will be noted on all. We stayed on this island for 3nights. On 2nd day we and all the gang (of 1Australian, 3Argenitians, 1English, 2Irish and myself and sorcha) went on a 3hr hike into the forest on the island where you would end off on a deserted white sandy beach that stretches for 1mile long. it was beautiful as u can see from the photos.
When we got to the beach we all were bolloxed. We just ran straight for the water. The funny thing was that the current was really strong and turtler and I ended up etting swept out too far, we had to swim really hard back, but sorcha couldnt so she had to be rescued by a surfer dude. When he came over she grabbed so hard onto the board that it flipped up and smacked the surfer in the mouth. hehe (Bet he wished he didnt rescue her then!!! Hehe)


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb