One more day in heaven


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Búzios
November 19th 2009
Published: November 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Rudi and I have had the most wonderful honeymoon with a magical ending in Buzios. Yesterday after walking to several of Buzios' beaches, Rudi and I settled on a quiet beach near our hotel and stayed there to enjoy the beautiful sunset at around 7pm. The water really is quite beautiful and refreshiing and it was fun enjoying it together. After getting freshened up and ready for dinner we decided to go across the street from our hotel to a sushi reestaurant ... I wasn't really keen on having sushi, but the Lonely Planet book recommended it so we gave it a try. We were both glad we did!

The name of the restaurant was Sushi Jardin and the food was excellent - next to the Rodissiro (sp?), it was the best meal we´ve had since being in Brazil. There were these Philadelphia Cream Cheese & Salmon rolls (both hot and cold) that were absolutely magnificent, plus loads of red tuna and other yummy treats. We also managed to polish off a bottle of Brazilian wine (Argentian wine is still SO much better) and had a very nice time.

Today is our last full day in Buzios and we´re planning on making the most of it. Having just finished breakfast, we´re going to hop on a mini bus and head into downtown Buzios for some acai and shopping, after which we´ll head back to the beach by our hotel to relax for the rest of the day. Some of the people make quite a nice living here renting out chairs & umbrellas to tourists (15 rs to rent them for the day; about $10), but it´s worth it to have some shade and comfortable chairs.

We´ll probably write once more after we get back to the hotel tonight and then it´s time to get picked up by GAP (who knows what time that´ll be in the morning) and taken off to the airport. Our flight goes from Rio to Sao Paolo (a 1 hour stop over) and then we´re heading home to Toronto. It´s been a very fun vacation; we´ve seen a lot, laughed a lot and have a tonne of great pictures but, after two full weeks on the road in South America, it´ll be nice to hear people speaking English again and be surrounded by familiar faces again.

See you all soon!
Amy & Rudi

Advertisement



19th November 2009

THE LONELY PLANET
The Lonely Planet, what a name!!!!! You probably feel like you have been on another planet. Good ol' home cooking--just imagine a cottage roll for dinner!!!! Looking forward to pictures pictures and more pictures--and stories, stories and more stories!!! Quite foggy here right now, but no snow to welcome you back--you will have time to climatize before you put those feet into warm boots. Have the feet fully recovered??? Dinner last night at Brad's last night was very nice--he was surprised that his 4 pound sirloin roast wasn't cooked enough to eat after having been in the oven for 1-yes one-hour. Dinner was off schedule!! Enjoy the count down!! Luv Mother Plain.
20th November 2009

time flys
Looking forward to having you both home again. We have followed your adventures with a degree of envy...not only for the trip but for the energy that you have needed alaong the way. You will have memories forever and they will be further enjoyed each and every time you think back on your honeymoon...sore feet and all. Amy, I am so glad that you found the beaches and the water all that you had hoped for. Rudi, I am doing so much better at computer lingo...I think I figured out what WTF signifies. It's never to late to teach an old dog new tricks. Talk to you soon. Looking forward to show and tell. Bob and Wanda

Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 44; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb