Photos


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Pernambuco » Recife
July 28th 2010
Published: July 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Here a few photos from our build so far. This is all we were able to upload at the internet cafe because the computers are slow. However, we will add more as soon as possible.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

workingworking
working

Mixing concrete... 4 wheelbarrows of sand, 4 wheelbarrows of rocks, 2 bags concrete, add water Much harder than it sounds. Lots of hauling and heavy lifting. Luckily we have strong local women, future inhabitants of the houses, helping out.
day one workday one work
day one work

Here is the foundation after we hauled dirt, before concrete.
day two workday two work
day two work

Foundation after a hard day's work filling concrete. We formed an assembly line to pass buckets of concrete from the mixing site to the foundation. Teamwork at its best.
break timebreak time
break time

Enjoying the shade and down time during one of our breaks. Lovely Joana provided us with fresh fruit and snacks during break time. We all tried to stretch out the break as long as possible!
building a housebuilding a house
building a house

After laying the foundation of concrete, we layed the brick walls of the house. It is very important to be even and precise, just ask our foreman!


29th July 2010

hammock
Where's the hammock for you workers? i'm tired just looking at the pics! thanks for sharing:) hugs jan
29th July 2010

Inspiration!
Your whole team is an inspiration to all of us sitting at our desks in the U.S. You are dramatically changing lives! Keep up the great work!

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb