Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Published: July 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Devils troat, Iguazu Falls 39 secs

One of the most spectacular waterfalls in the world??



I flew from Lima to Sao Paulo on monday. From Sao Paulo I went straight down to Foz do Iguazu to have a look at the famous waterfalls.
The falls are shared between Brasil and Argentina. I actually stayed on the Argentinian side since it´s much cheaper there and I got to have a few last beef´s and some excelent wine, before I go home ; )
Two days were spent by the falls, and a visit to Itaipu, one of the biggest hydroelectric powerplants in the world. It´s on the border between Brasil and Paraguay, and feed Paraguay with 90%!o(MISSING)f their energy and 22%!o(MISSING)f the electricity in Brasil!!
One day I also visited Paraguay´s Ciudad del Este which is a shopping eldorado for Argentinians and Brasilians. The prices on electronics are really low, when Paraguay doesn´t add any taxes! But the city, of course, was a horrible place to be, if you´re not there for shopping cheap stuff!

It´s not that much more to write, but I give you some facts about the falls.

* They consist of 275 falls in total
* Some of the falls are up to 85 meters high
* They are spread along 2,7 kilometers along Iguazu River
* Just about 900 meters of it doens´t have water flowing over it
* Seeing Iguazu Falls, Eleanor Roosevelt shall have said: "Poor Niagara!"
* The peak flow of water falling over Iguazu has a surface area of 1.3 million ft2


Heading for Rio de Janeiro next!


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



10th July 2008

hei igjen
Tøft med den videoen Magnus!! tøffe bilder også. Håper alt står bra til med deg. I dag reiser crewet fra Kringsjå ned til Stavern og hytta til Preben. Blir moro. REgner med å se deg snart. God reise videre. DAVID
10th July 2008

David Andersen!!
Naa er det ikke lenge foer vi sees live igjen! Blir hyggelig! Alt er fortsatt pa topp her! Er paa Ihla Grande et par dager og nyter livet, med litt dykking og grillparty´s paa kveldstid. Baerer til Rio i morgen for en siste weekend foer hjemriese paa tirsdag! Kos dere hos bryners!

Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.1745s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb