Foz do Iguacu, part two


Advertisement
Published: April 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
Hi everybody!


So, day two at Foz. We headed for the national park early in the morning.

Located on the Brazil/Argentina border, Iguazu Falls are considered to be the second largest in the world, only Victoria Falls are bigger. Most of the waterfalls are placed on the Argentinan side, but From the Brazilian side the view is supposed to be better.

Anyways, with my precious "single entry" working visa, we decided not to go to the Argentinan side. When we came there we started by taking a ride through the jungle for a few kilometers, then a 600 meters "jungle hike" on a paved path down to the river. From there, a boat ride on a speedboat about 4 km up the river to the falls. This is really the way to experience the magnificent features of the falls. The boats go almost all the way up to Devil´s Throat, and the passengers get "baptised" in some of the smaller ones when the boats sail into them. Great fun, and after that the boat dropped those of to the shore nearby who had opted for the rafting downstream again.

Of course we were among those. The
JungleJungleJungle

On the way to the boats
river was quite calm, so the adrenaline was not really pumping, but it was totally worth it anyway. We were swimming in the water most of the time, and came to the pier around one o´clock.

From there we headed up the river again, this time by road, to take a closer look at the falls. It is possible to come really close to them, at one point you are standing surrounded with waterfalls in 260 degrees, in front of you, below you and besides you. We walked around the area for hours, returning to the hotel just before dinner.

The day ended with a night swim in the pool.

Bye
Hemmi











Hæ allir!

Jæja, dagur tvö í Foz. Við fórum af stað í þjóðgarðinn snemma um morguninn.

Staðsettur á Argentínu/Brasilíu landamærunum, Iguazu fossarnir eru taldir nærst stæðstu fossar heims á eftir Viktoríu fossunum. Mest af fossunum eru staðsettir Argentínu megin, en Brasilíu megin á útsýnið að vera betra.

Allavegana, með mitt dýrmæta "single entry" atvinnuleyfi, ákváðum við að vera ekkert að fara yfir til Argentínu. Þegar við komum í garðinn fórum við
JungleJungleJungle

A little stream running through the jungle
fyrst í nokkurra kílómetra bílferð í gegnum skóginn, þar sem við svo fórum í 600 metra "frumskógargöngu" eftir gangstétt niður til árinnar. Þaðan bátsferð á spíttbát u.þ.b. 4 km upp ána að fossunum. Þetta er algjörlega rétta leiðin til að upplifa hvað fossarnir eru rosalegir. Bátarnir fara næstum alla leið upp að Koki Kölska, og þar eru farþegarnir "skírðir" í sumum af smærri fossunum, þar sem bátarnir sigla inní fossana. Rosalega gaman, og eftir það lét báturinn þá í land sem ætluðu niður ána í rafting.

Að sjálfsögðu vorum við þeirra á meðal. Áin var frekar róleg, svo adrenalínið var ekkert sérstaklega að flæða, en þetta var samt algjörlega þess virði. Við syntum í vatninu mestallan tímann, og komum að bryggjunni um klukkan eitt.

Þaðan fórum við aftur upp ána, í þetta skiptið á veginum, til að skoða fossana betur. Það er hægt að komast mjög nálægt þeim, á einum stað ertu umkringd/ur fossum í 260 gráður, fyrir framan þig, undir þér og við hliðina á þér. Við löbbuðum um svæðið í nokkra klukkutíma, og komum á hótelið rétt fyrir kvöldmat.

Fórum svo í kvöldsund í sundlauginni.

Kveðja
Hemmi


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Suit up!Suit up!
Suit up!

Hemmi ready for his babtism
ArgentinaArgentina
Argentina

Taken from the boat, some of the falls
In the waterIn the water
In the water

Swimming in the water during the river rafting
Entering the fallsEntering the falls
Entering the falls

The first thing you see when going to the falls by road
The rope...The rope...
The rope...

You can slide down a rope to where we went from the speedboat to the rafting. Jæks!
Rosa pointing at the fallsRosa pointing at the falls
Rosa pointing at the falls

Down there are the boats we took earlier
Devil´s ThroatDevil´s Throat
Devil´s Throat

This is the monster
BabtismBabtism
Babtism

One of the boats seen from above going into the waterfall
Screams!Screams!
Screams!

You could hear the screams of the terrified people when the got hit by the falls
Rosa daredevilRosa daredevil
Rosa daredevil

On the edge
The edgeThe edge
The edge

On this spot we were surrounded by waterfalls
Fear of heights?Fear of heights?
Fear of heights?

On a platform above the canyon. People really freaked out when they discovered how the floor is.
GlassesGlasses
Glasses

Rosa´s glasses got smashed up during the rafting and she had to wear them like that for the remaining of the trip. Hemmi´s sunglasses got a little injured as well.


28th April 2008

Já gott þú dreifst þig. Hafðu það rosa gott.gleraugu smeraugu
28th April 2008

fjör í ruglinu
Já gott þú dreifst þig. Hafðu það gott,átt það skilið. gleraugu smeraugu

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb