Oi Brasil


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » ParanĂ¡ » Curitiba
February 1st 2009
Published: February 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Open air marketOpen air marketOpen air market

Brazilian Polacks, could be a dangerous combo
With one day left to spare on my Visa, the 17 year old Sao Paulo Immigration Officer didn't even blink at the date. He was probably thinking more about the party he had to leave to come to work. It's summer in Brazil and hot. We were picked up from the airport by one of Andrew's friends and taken to lunch and a little tour of Sao Paulo before hopping on a bus to Curitiba. Greeted by Lu at the bus station we shortly arrive at her parents' place in Curitiba. Can't tell you how nice it was to eat our first home-cooked meal in almost three months. We cruise around Curitiba for the next couple days eating three home cooked meals a day, like I said it was nice. It doesn't hurt that Lu's mom is a pretty good cook.

After a few days in the city seeing some sights like the sunday open air market, a bunch of cool parks and of course some pretty fun bars, we headed to Ilha do Mel (Island of Honey) about an hour away plus a quick ferry ride. It had been raining quite a bit even though it remains to be 85 degrees outside so we hoped it would be nice at the beach. The weather wasn't too bad and the island was beautiful. There are no motorized vehicles on the island, just a bunch of trails around the island that were pretty easy to get lost on. Nice beaches, an old Portuguese fort, caves and generally good vibes, I recommend a visit to this place. After a weekend on the island we headed to Lu's beach house which was a short bus ride away. Back to home cooked meals and a really nice setup. BBQs and lazy days for a week, can't really complain. Now, we're back in Curitiba. Today we picked up some tickets for tomorrow's futebol game between the two Curitiba 1st league teams. Should be pretty nuts.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb