Made it!


Advertisement
Published: January 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

We´re in this country called Costa Rica in a town called Jaco but why does it feel like we´re back in San Diego? There are many answers to this question but we´re really excited to have made it here. Costa Rica is beautiful and its really nice to be back on the Pacific. Jaco is a definite tourist destination. Not to say it isn´t beautiful, there´s just a bunch of other travelers here. I take it the surf spots are great. We got here on a Sunday night with the hope it would be more like a saturday night. Sunday turned out to be pretty mellow though we met some new amigos from LA at a cool beachside bar. With the town pretty quiet, night swimming seemed like the most reasonable alternative. It´s pretty nice when its 75 degrees at night and the water is probably the same. Next we head to the big city to deal with selling the truck. We´ll see how that goes.

Staying just outside San Jose in Alajuela, we were fortuate enough to find a great little family run hotel with some really nice & helpful owners. We set out to see whether shipping the truck was an option since we hadn't received many useful email responses. To sum up a couple really long days, shipping wan't really going to be an option as it was pretty expensive. Andrew had placed some ads and received some interest. Long story short, a guy came to look at the truck who would be the eventual buyer but needed a few days to get his money together.

We left Alajuela for Tamarindo. A beach city on the Northern Pacific Coast, turned out to be really beautiful as well as touristy once again. Filled with surf shops and outdoor activity options, Tamarindo was nice. Unfortunately, we just didn't know how the truck situation was going to play out so with me having to be in Brasil by Jan 17th, Visa issue, we headed back to the city after only a few days. We had heard about may small town beaches that are seemingly great spots, plus many inland spots with zip lines, volcano hikes, etc. I'll have to return to Costa Rica and hit Panama another time. Unfortunately we had a time restriction to deal with. The truck ended up being sold, esier said than done but it was taken care of the day before we had to leave. Time to cross the equator, I'm ready for summer, as it really matters in Costa Rica.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Hotel Guard DogsHotel Guard Dogs
Hotel Guard Dogs

We called them teroristas.


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb