Day 43: Pantanal


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Pantanal
June 10th 2011
Published: June 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This morning we were all really exciting about going piranha fishing because we had been told that if we caught some we could have them for lunch, so our motivation was something different to eat! We walked for a couple of km’s and sat off the side of a bridge with bamboo rods waiting for bites. We did pretty well and managed to catch about 15 piranha’s, we caught more but some were too small to keep. Rach was champion fish catcher, managing to catch 7! After a couple of hours, an alligator came along and scared most of the piranha’s away. One of the girls in our group managed to hook the alligator on her line briefly!

When we got back from fishing we ate the piranha we had caught for lunch. They were quite small but tasted really good! For the rest of the day they didn’t have anything planned for us, so we decided to leave the Pantanal after lunch so that we could get a head start on our 26 hours drive to Paraty, and hopefully have a bit of extra time at the beach! We drove for about 7 hours, stopping to buy McDonalds for dinner in Camp Verde on the way. It was really expensive but it was the first American type of fast food we’d had since we had been in South America, so it was a nice change! We stopped at 8.30pm to free camp at a service station for the night and pretty much went straight to bed because we were leaving at 6am the next day to continue to long drive.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

P1020236P1020236
P1020236

Allie catching a croc! Actually! See next pic!


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb